It’s Thursday, and you have no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Lakewood Patch is coming to the rescue. We have the best bets for your done-with-work-outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars, restaurants and shops to explore.
- Where/When: 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17 at the .
- Why Go: Grab the kids and head to the Lakewood Senior Center this Saturday for a visit with Mrs. Claus. Enjoy kids activities, photo oportunites, cookies, and more.
- Pricing: $10 per child.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. on Sat, Dec. 17 at in Lakewood.
- Why Go: Stumped on a gift idea for the gardening enthusiast in your life? You may want to stop by Lakewold Gardens this Saturday for their special holiday shopping event at The Garden Shop. You'll find bargans and stocking stufers galore.
- Pricing: Admission is free.
- Where/When: 2:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday and 4 p.m. on Sunday at the Mount Tahoma High School Auditorium.
- Why Go: Join the Dance Theatre Northwest for their glamorous production of the celebrated classic, "The Nutcracker". The ballet stage show features award winning Dance Theatre Northwest artists Katie Neumann, Chay Mam, students and guest artists. Check out the highlights from last year's event to get an idea of what you're in for.
- Pricing: Tickets range between $22 and $26.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 18 at Thea's Park near the Dock Street Landing Bar and Grill in Tacoma.
- Why Go: Come join Santa as he runs Tacoma's third annual Christmas 5K run & walk, 10K relay, 10K solo run, and 1K kids fun run on Tacoma's scenic waterfront. Costume contest for the best dressed Christmas Character. The event benefits the Humane Society of Tacoma & Pierce County.
- Pricing: Registration ranges between $14 and $70.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday; 2 p.m. on Sunday at the Lakewood Playhouse.
- Why Go: If you haven't caught Lakewood Playhouse's Oliver! yet, you're running out of time. The musical runs through this weekend and then closes with a final performance on Friday, Dec. 23. Come see this Tony Award winning family musical before it's too late. Click here to see what the critics are saying about Oliver!
- Cost: $28 for general admission; $25 for seniors/military; and $22 for students/educators.
- Where/When: 7:30 p.m. - 9 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17 at the Bremerton Ice Center.
- Why Go: Come get into the holiday spirit as figure skaters put a cool spin on a popular children’s classic. The show will feature the talents of 35 skaters ranging in age from three to 65 performing to all your favorite Jungle Book songs including “The Bare Necessities,” “I Wan’na Be Like You,” “That’s What Friends Are For,” and “Colonel Hathi’s March." Enjoy the show!
- Pricing: $6 for general admission and $4 for children five and under.