Cascade Bicycle Club is seeking volunteers to count bicyclists and pedestrians in Lakewood during morning and evening commute hours on Oct. 1, Oct. 2 and/or Oct. 3. We still need volunteers to help with the counts.
If you are available, please sign up to be a count volunteer. Volunteer shifts are two hours long, either from7:00-9:00 a.m. or 4:00-6:00 p.m. There are lots of locations to choose from but we want you to pick Lakewood.. You will just need to indicate the date you perform the count on your count form. To register:
- Go to http://www.cascade.org/About/Volunteer.cfm
- Click the link for the volunteer registration tool
- Scroll down on the list of opportunities to find the city nearest you (pickLakewood)
- Click the registration button at the bottom, you may need to create a profile if you have never volunteered with Cascade before.
- Login and then check the location and count time you want to register for
- Click Complete Registration
- Download and print the Count Form and Instructions (http://tinyurl.com/countinstructions). This packet includes information about conducting the count and how to submit your data after your shift.
This effort is part of the Washington State Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation Project, an annual statewide data collection effort initiated by the WSDOT to help measure bicycling and walking rates over time. The counts provide useful data critical for planning, designing, advocating and ultimately funding new and improved bicycle and pedestrian facilities in communities across the state. It’s not possible without volunteers like YOU!
If you have any questions leading up to the counts, please contact Ryann Child at email@example.com or 206-861-9890.
-Cascade Bicycle Club