That time of year when watching kids ruthlessly dive for an egg is OK. We're totally down with it, and we want you to know that there's that and more taking place in the South Sound. Here are some tips on what you and your family can do this Easter weekend.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
Enjoy. And go easy on the eggs.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at in University Place.
- Why Go: Bring the whole family and enjoy the bounce houses, face painting, arts and crafts, a picture with the Easter Bunny, M.I.L.K. (managing information lost kids) Digital Child ID Kits for the first step in the Amber Alert, arts and crafts. There will be bicycles given away, a raffle for awesome prizes, as well as stuffed Easter baskets and much, much more.
- Cost: Admission is free. 100 percent of all proceeds will benefit the March of Dimes.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. Friday, April 6, at the Regional Athletic Complex (8345 Steilacoom Road S.E.) in Lacey.
- Why Go: Why should the kids have all of the fun? Lacey Parks and Recreation will offer some fun for adults with a Flashlight Egg Scramble. Bring a flashlight, a bag for your goodies, and your friends for this very special hunt. Check out our for more information about some of the awesome prizes up for grabs.
- Cost: The cost is just $5 per person, (cash only) payable at the gate.
- Where/When: 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at Green Spot Tea House & Art Gallery.
- Why Go: Local artists Nola Tresslar and Madison Vanchu will exhibit their artworks at Green Spot Tea House & Art Gallery this April and May. Come to meet the artists and view their work this Saturday. Light refreshments will be served.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: 7:05 p.m. Saturday, April 7, at Cheney Stadium.
- Why Go: Join the Tacoma Rainiers and Lakewood Officers’ Charity for a night of baseball and family fun to benefit the Lakewood Officers’ Charity Make A Difference Fund. A portion of all ticket proceeds from this night will go to benefit the Lakewood Officers’ Charity Make A Difference Fund.
- Cost: Visit: http://www.tacomarainiers.com for ticket prices.
- Where/When: 9:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday, April 7-8, at Northwest Trek.
- Why Go: Come celebrate the largest member of the deer family during Moose Mania. Learn about these majestic ungulates and catch a glimpse of one of our moose in the free-roaming area on a tram tour!
- Cost: Tickets range between $8 and $17.