- WHAT: Lakewood Chamber of Commerce's first Cash Mob
- WHEN: 4:30 p.m., Friday
- WHERE: Lakewood Hardware and Paint, 9020 Lakewood Dr. SW
- WHAT ELSE: Bring $20, meet people and have fun
Many have seen flash mobs.
But have you ever experienced a cash mob? Lakewood residents will get the chance to do so Friday -sans dancing if they prefer - when the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce will hold its first "Cash Mob" at Lakewood Hardware and Paint.
Here's how it works: Bring some cash to the selected local business and have fun.
That's it, organizers say, adding that the one-day events help keep money in Lakewood, as well as celebrate what we have right here.
“We’ve organized the Lakewood Cash Mob simply because we are trying to make a positive impact on the small businesses in our community and have fun while doing it," said Linda Smith, the chamber's president and CEO.. "We hope the citizens in Lakewood and nearby will join us. After all, we’ve got a beautiful 3-day weekend ahead of us – and there’s undoubtedly something for every DIY’er at Lakewood Hardware and Paint.”
Lakewood's first Cash Mob begins at 4:30 p.m., Friday at Lakewood Hardware and Paint, 9020 Lakewood Drive SW.
At the mob, there are three rules, according to the chamber:
*Bring $20 to spend;
*Meet three people you didn’t know before;
Every month, the Lakewood chamber will organize and visit locally owned and operated businesses armed with $20, a smile, and a love of Lakewood. After an hour of shopping, the crowd is invited to a local watering hole to celebrate.
Friday night’s choice is The Schooner Tavern, just down the street from Lakewood Hardware.
Rules developed for running Lakewood Cash Mobs:
1) The mob date must be announced a day prior in advance via the Facebook Group.
2) The suggested amount to spend is $20, although people can spend more if they wish.
3) The business must be a Member of the Lakewood Chamber of Commerce.
4) The business must have products for both men and women.
5) The business must be locally owned and preferably a small business.
6) The business is known to “give back” to the community.
7) The business owner must approve the Cash Mob before the mob is announced.
8) Cash Mobbers are encouraged to join us for celebratory refreshment after the successful mob.
9) The Cash Mob will occur during the evening on a weekday.
10) Pictures will be posted to the blog after the Cash Mob.