It’s Friday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, 3 p.m. on Sunday at the .
- Why Go: Join the Lakewood Playhouse for the opening weekend of their newest production, The Farnsworth Invention. The play follows two inventors as they race to invent a device called a “television.” Check out this promo for the play to see what it’s all about. (Parental Advisory: This production contains adult language.)
- Cost: $23 for general, $20 for senior/military, $17 under 25 years of age and $15 under 15 years of age.
- Where/When: 11 a.m.-12 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, at in Lakewood.
- Why Go: Visit Swans Candles on the first Saturday of the month for a basic candle making class. You’ll get walked through the process with easy step-by-step instructions for making basic container candles. Groups welcomed. Kids ages 12+ with parent/guardian welcomed.
- Cost: No charge for first-time attendees, $5 for repeat attendees.
- Where/When: 2 p.m. on Sunday, March 4, at the .
- Why Go: Visit the University Place Library and sample various types with Green Spot Tea House and Art Gallery. This is a great event for tea lovers to introduce themselves to unique teas.
- Cost: Free.
- Where/When: The first Saturday and Sunday of each month.
- Why Go: Bank of America is helping its customers celebrate the new year through Museums on Us, giving bank cardholders free admission to the Northwest African American Museum, the Seattle Art Museum and the Tacoma Art Museum.
- Cost: Free. Just show the museum your Bank of America debit/credit card.
- Where/When: 2-4:30 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, at the in University Place.
- Why Go: Taste eight different Italian wines from Small Vineyards at the Wine Bank’s weekly tasting. Small Vineyards is a customer favorite every year at the Wine Bank so stop by and see what they have to offer.
- Cost: $5 tasting fee.
- Where/When: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Saturday, March 3, at the Showare Center in Kent.
- Why Go: Join Valley Medical Center’s staff for this fun, family-friendly event at the Showare Center. The event will feature bouncy houses, free kid-friendly refreshments, an appearance by the T-Birds mascot, a hockey challenge, live music, a hula-hoop contest, arts and crafts, face painting, and a Safety Fair with free bike helmet fitting, car seat checks, photo and fingerprint ID cards and more!
- Cost: Free.