It’s Thursday, and you’ve got no idea what you’ll do for the weekend.
Gig Harbor Patch is coming to the rescue. We’ve got the best bets for your done-work, outta-here time. Check our picks for the activities to hit and new bars/restaurants/shops to explore.
We know you have your favorites that we missed. So share the goodness in our comment box below.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday at in Lakewood.
- Why Go: Visit Lakewold Gardens this weekend for their annual Beautiful Tables Showcase. More than 30 beautiful table settings that range in theme and style will fill the Wagner House. With a wonderful mix of professional and novice designers, attendees of the event can expect to see decor, ideas and designs that are both unique and artistic. Designers will compete for top honors in four categories and each visitor gets to cast a vote for the coveted People’s Choice Award.
- Pricing: $10 for non-members, $5 for members, and $7 for pre-arranged groups of 10 or more.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 5 at in Lakewood.
- Why Go: The English as a Second Language program at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom is hosting a free Health and Safety Fair this Saturday in the college’s Health and Education Center. The event will feature free health screenings, including dental, blood pressure, and blood sugar tests, and more than 30 health- and fitness-related informational booths. Visitors will also have chances to win door prizes from Starbuck’s, Black Bear Yogurt, Adriatic Grill, and the Pierce College Bookstore.
- Pricing: Free.
- Where/When: 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 4 at the Children's Museum of Tacoma.
- Why Go: If you’ve ever thought about making a trip the the Children's Museum, this Friday is the day to do it. Admission is normally $6.
Pricing: Free on the first Friday of every month.
- Where/When: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Puyallup Fair Grounds.
- Why Go: This Antique and Collectible Show features more than 400 booths filled with everything from estate jewelry, vintage toys, furniture, china and glass, jukeboxes, antique tools, costume jewelry, vintage clothing and more. Come on Friday and get in before regular admission buyers, by purchasing an early admission badge.
- Pricing: Admission is $6. Early admission badges are available for $30 (good for all three days). Expert identification and evaluation is offered throughout the show for $5.00 per item.
- Where/When: 8-11 p.m. Friday, Oct. 14 at Massimo's Italian Bar and Grill in University Place.
- Why Go: The Cold 102's are back at Massimo’s to start your weekend off with a little smooth jazz this Friday night. They’ll be pumping out all the jazz, blues and folk tunes you can handle. Check out this Youtube clip of the band in action so you'll know what you're in for. There's also a happy hour from 9 p.m. to close on Friday nights.
- Cost: No cover.