- Former Mayor Emeritus Harrison will give a 15th anniversary of city-hood presentation. During today’s regular council meeting at 7 p.m., Mayor Emeritus Bill Harrison will give a presentation on what fifteen years of incorporation has meant for Lakewood and will offer his historical perspective. All citizens are welcome. Light refreshments will be served afterwards to commemorate the City’s 15-year anniversary.
- Construction Update on Bridgeport Way improvement project. From March 7-9, weather permitting, Miles Resources, the company contracted to the project, will be performing night work to install underground utilities across Bridgeport Way. During these days, Bridgeport Way from Steilacoom Boulevard to Custer Road will be closed to all through traffic from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m. Local traffic with no detour option will be allowed access to and from their residence; however, delays should be expected. The link below provides detour information. Custer Road and Lakewood Drive are the best options. As the project progresses, additional night work closures are anticipated in association with the traffic signal installation at 86th Street and the final paving operation. To keep abreast of this project and others go here.
- Lakewood grabs a pair of basketball state championships. The Lakes and Clover Park boys basketball teams captured state championships in their respective classifications this past weekend at the Tacoma Dome and at the SunValley Dome in Yakima. For stories and photos about their championship runs please click for Lakes and for Clover Park.
- Interested in robotics? Kids and teenagers have a chance to learn about robotics and more today at 3 p.m. Click for more information.
- Information for home-schooled students: There is a homeschooled technology class today at 1 p.m. Click for more information.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something