The Lakes High School JROTC will host a Puget Sound Division Drill Meet on Saturday, Dec. 8, at Lakes High School (10320 Farwest Dr SW in Lakewood).
The Puget Sound Division is one of three divisions in the Northwest Drill and Rifle Conference. The competition scheduled for last January was cancelled due to weather, so this will be the first year that a Puget Sound Division Drill Meet will be held at Lakes.
Eleven JROTC teams from Washington and Oregon will compete at the meet including Lakes High School, Battle Ground High School, Curtis High School, Lincoln High School, Clover Park High School, Stadium High School, Prairie High School, Shelton High School, South Kitsap High School, Wilson High School and Oregon City High School. The teams will represent the Navy, Marine Corps, Army, and Air Force JROTC programs.
Competition events will include Color Guard, Marksmanship, Unarmed Drill Team, Strength Team, Armed Drill Team and Individual Armed Exhibition Drill.
- The Color Guard teams will perform from 7:30 to 9 a.m. in the main gym;
- Strength Teams will perform from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the JROTC Grand Room and on the track;
- Marksmanship teams will perform from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the auxiliary gym;
- Unarmed Drill Teams will perform from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the main gym
- Individual Exhibition will take place from 8:15 to 10:15 a.m. in the commons;
- Armed Drill Teams will perform from 12:30 to 3:45 p.m. in the main gym;
- Unarmed Drill Down will take place at 4 p.m.;
- Armed Drill Down will take place at 4:10 p.m., both in the main gym; and
- The awards ceremony will take place at 4:15 p.m. in the main gym
This drill meet is open to the public. Admission is free, refreshments will be available. Call the Lakes Army JROTC office at 253-583-5573 or 253-583-5576 for more information.