G.I. Jobs Magazine released its 2013 list of “Military Friendly Schools” on Wednesday. Among the them include Tacoma Community College and Pierce College in Pierce County.
According to the magazine's publisher Victory Media, these schools represent the top 15 percent of colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America’s service members, veterans and spouses as students.
In addition, 1,739 institutions on the list provide exceptional resources and assistance for military students and their families.
G.I Jobs Magazine used a data-driven survey of more than 12,000 Veterans Affairs-approved schools nationwide to evaluate and measure the institutions vying for a spot on the list.
This is the 4th year that G.I. Jobs magazine is releasing its Military Friendly Schools list.
Here’s a list of schools selected in Pierce County:
- Bates Technical College (Tacoma)
- Clover Park Technical College (Lakewood)
- Olympic College (Bremerton)
- Pacific Lutheran University (Tacoma)
- Pierce College District (Lakewood)
- Tacoma Community College (Pierce County)
- University of Washington Tacoma (Tacoma)
Would you recommend any of the schools listed above? Tell us why in the comments section.